Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Me Project (Pt1)


I believe that heredity has a big part in the development of a young child. It’s the one thing that we are actually born with and it’s completely out of our control. Some of these heredity traits include; skin color, eye color, hair color, and in some cases, even height, weight, and body build. All of these traits develop when a child grows up. Yes, some things like aptitudes develop with parental help, but mainly it is from the traits a child inherits from its mother or father. For me, when people see me alongside my family, there are very similar traits that you pick out. These include; blue eyes, brown hair, musically inclined, consistency of above average singers. But there are some traits that I believe I have that others in my family don’t that I have inherited from my grandparents or even more distant ancestors. I, myself happen to be a lot taller than most in my family, I happen to have a lot bigger body build than that of my family. So yeah, heredity is for sure something that goes from generation to generation, but I also think that some traits may skip a generation.

I believe that birth order is a very important factor, the book talks about how the oldest child is the most responsible whereas the last born isn’t as careful, more risky. I believe that this is true in most cases, but not my family. In my family, my oldest sister was the risk taker, she was the one who wasn’t very responsible, and she was the rebel of the family. When my middle sister was growing up, she was the responsible one, the one who was most likely to achieve, she was the smartest in the family. Then I was born. I believe that I am the more active in social relationships, and I do believe that I am much more affectionate and friendly than that of both my sisters at times. I also believe that I am more susceptible to take risks on things more than my middle sister, but not to my oldest sister. I believe the studies the book talk about are true in most cases but not all.

The next factor is parental characteristics. The book talks about how possibly ideas, thoughts or even age can affect a child when he is being raised.  Some of those ideas or thoughts include; belief in religion, level of education, cultural background, occupational background, and economic status. I believe that all of these influence me on how my parents decided how to raise me. I am very active with my religion, I strive to have a higher education, my parents want me to try for a good job, my parents want me to be economically stable, and they want me to keep my culture on how I raise my children.

The last factor would be cultural environment. This means that where you were raised, and the culture you were raised in affect you. I grew up in South Dakota, in the greatest country ever, the United States of America. I believe that with how the U.S is very competitiveness, and individualism in this fine country helped shaped me to be a strong and valiant young man.

I can’t just pick one factor. I would have to pick two of these and those two would have to be, parental characteristics, and cultural characteristics. I believe that these two things have the greatest impact on me because, your parents are what shape your ideas, and thoughts, while as the culture you live in also affects how you think. They influence you to follow the steps of those around you and mold you into one of their society.

No comments:

Post a Comment