Tuesday, October 6, 2015

28th amendment

I am about to propose to you my idea for the 28th amendment. I believe that the 28th amendment should state that “the legal age to be able to use tobacco shall be 21 years old. I feel that this needs to be approved because I’m sick and tired of seeing kids in our school “go to the bathroom” when in reality they are in there dipping, or putting a dip in or something else. I believe there is an immediate need for it because I for one don’t like tobacco use at all. Its gross, disgusting, and I don’t care for it. I just think that we need kids to realize that tobacco is bad. This amendment would just be straight up, and state “the use of tobacco shall not be used by any person under the age of 21 years old”. In my life, I have been around people using tobacco all the time, and to me I think it might help if we prevent kids from using tobacco in their younger years, they might be able to live their life longer and healthier.

2 comments:

  1. this is wrong, by changing the age to 21 still will not stop someone from chewing or smoking. if someone wants to start they will have a buyer for them. just like drinking people have a person 21 or older buy it for them. so if someone uses tobacco they have a buy for that to if they are not of age. because no one will ask the person buying it if they are buying it for themselves or for someone else

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely on this subject. Kids should not be sneaking into the bathrooms on tobacco free school grounds to chew tobacco or smoke tobacco. This is a very brilliant idea to make sure that kids cant get their hands on tobacco at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete